We have Physiotherapy in both Beaufort and Skipton
The Beaufort Physiotherapist is located in Walker Street, Beaufort. The Skipton Physiotherapist is located in Blake Street, Skipton.
A physiotherapist is a health professional who provides treatment for people with physical problems caused by injury, illness, diseases and ageing. Physiotherapists use a range of manual techniques- such as soft tissue massage, joint mobilisation, joint manipulation, superficial dry needling. As well as non-manual techniques- such as education on muscle recruitment, gait re-education, biomechanical assessments and subsequent exercise prescription to reduce pain, restore function and improve an individual’s quality of life.
What services can a Physiotherapist provide?
- assess the physical condition of patients to diagnose problems and plan treatment
- use a range of techniques to strengthen and stretch muscles and joints to improve mobility perform massage, breathing and relaxation techniques
- perform spinal and peripheral joint mobilisation and manipulation
- use equipment such as heat packs, exercise equipment and ice packs to reduce swelling and improve range of movement
- re-train people to walk or to use walking frames, splints, crutches or wheelchairs
Our Physiotherapists like to educate and patients are encouraged to actively participate in the rehabilitation or treatment to the best of their ability.
Do I need a referral?
What should I bring to my appointment?
If you are coming in following surgery or with a GP referral, it is useful if they bring relevant imaging or investigation results and have an understanding of your medical history.
Beaufort Tuesday and Thursdays - 8.30am - 4.30pm
Skipton Wednesdays - 8.30am - 4.30pm
$10 or $5 concession
Beaufort: Phone 03 5349 1610
Skipton: Phone 03 5340 1134