Here at Beaufort and Skipton Health Service our District Nursing Service provides quality nursing care to clients in their own home; to support and assist people to maintain or achieve their maximum health, retain their independence and act as a resource for people seeking information about their health care needs.
The District Nursing Service strives to maintain people's health and dignity by empowering clients to actively participate in the discussion about their care needs.
For more information about aged care please go to: www.myagedcare.gov.au
- HACC eligible clients - frail older people and people with disabilities and their carers, Adoriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, the financially disadvantaged, and persons with dementia
- Is subject to an assessment by a District Nurse following a referral
- The service is available to persons living within approximately 35km (radius) of the Beaufort and Skipton
- Referrals can be made by any authorised health care provider
- In some instances self-referral and family referral can occur
- For Department of Veterans' Affairs clients, a doctor's written authority is required to access the service
- Transport Accident Commission and Work Cover clients can access the service if the insurer approves
- The person must agree to being referred to the service
Care is undertaken by Registered Nurses and Medication Endorsed Enrolled Nurses who can provide an assessment of health needs and work with clients, their families and carers to establish a care plan that is tailored to the individual needs.
Services provided by the District Nursing Service include:
- Wound management
- Medication management
- Nursing support and maintenance to the highly dependent and/or frail and aged
- Palliative care nursing
- Nursing care following hospital discharge
- Assessment and referral to other service providers
The District Nursing Service operates 8.00am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays.
If clients require a service out of normal hours they are advised to attend their GP or local hospital if necessary.
Occupational Health and Safety
Our staff require a smoke free workplace - so we request no smoking while we visit. Prior to starting visits and care, staff complete a client and home assessment. Occasionally changes need to be negotiated, to reduce risk, before staff can visit.
- Pensioners or Health Benefit cardholders pay an agreed amount discussed during the first visit.
- Other fees are charged according to client income (above a prescribed level)
- Referrals will be accepted between 8.00 am to 4.00pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays)
For further information please phone:
Beaufort District Nursing on 0428 511 035
Skipton District Nursing on 0427 348 470